Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Alteration Needed

Whenever I go shopping I don't pay attention much to tag sizes unless it's obviously too small.  I take into consideration the style and the print of the garment and of course the cost of getting it customized to my specifications.  As you know by now that I am a bargain shopper mostly of designer goods and I take into account the total of everything and I don't mind paying $30 and up to get something altered if I've purchased the item more than half it's original price.


DVF Florane dress original $375 on Sale at Saks for $250.

 Before the alteration. Dresses such as these are easier to alter because the silhouette is pretty straight and it doesn't have any print that would be compromised.

DVF Florane dress size 10 purchased at NR for $71.
As you can see there's plenty of room.


 I took it to my tailor and told him to do his magic cost $30.




He altered it under the arms, sleeves and the sides.
I like the length so that wasn't touched.


Salvatore Ferragamo nude kitten heels (old) from NR under $100.  I don't like wearing black shoes unless I'm wearing something black.  I just think that black with a colorful dress is too stark so I like to wear black shoes with an outfit that has black but other than that I wear neutrals with lighter colors.

I consider myself to be a petite-regular.  I'm vertically challenged but I'm usually a size two -four in Anthro and size 4-8 in DVF dresses so you won't find me in the petite section. But as proof I don't shy away from trying a bigger size than my usual thanks to Ivan, my tailor.

When you go shopping do you check other racks that's not your size or do you just browse your size rack and move on?



3 comments:

  1. He did an amazing job - you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a gorgeous dress! love the color and style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great alteration! I'm so glad you posted this, my new goal is to get more things that I already own altered to make them perfect instead of buying new clothes!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.