Thursday, June 7, 2012

Savvy Finds Thursday: Christian Dior and Parker

I'm always in awe whenever I see someone who thrifted a blouse or a skirt for under $10 acquired from Salvation army or Goodwill. If you visit my blog enough you would notice that most of my savvy finds are from Nordstrom Rack or vintage stores and not Salvation Army or Goodwill. Don't get me wrong I've visited my local Salvation Army but left disappointed and a little pissed off. A blazer by Anne Klein for $40 is not thrifting to me when I can go to my favorite vintage store and find a vintage St. John or Escada blazer for the same price or go to Nordstrom Rack and get a brand new Michael Kors snazzy blazer for $24. The Salvation Army and Goodwill in California is just too over priced. But when it comes down to it I am still saving plenty of $$$ and that's where it really matters.  I do however donate unwanted clothes to them or Savers so I am still donating but just not happy with their prices.


Even though I can't find deals at my local SA or Goodwill sometimes I do find something at Savers.




 The blazer looks kinda blue on the pic but it's black

Christian Dior Black Blazer from Savers
F21 Tank (old)



F21 multi pearl necklace (old)
Rada for Anthropologie 6 strands pearl necklace made in Italy purchased for $30 original $198? 
Savings of $168

This Parker skirt seems to have bigger pleats than the newer ones and longer but I don't mind.  I'm not at that age to wear short short skirts.  I first saw this skirt last year and I was lucky enough to find it back in February marked down for the third time.

Parker Skirt from Nordstrom Rack $71.50 Original $286
Savings of $214.50


Faryl Robin leather booties from Nordstrom rack
Original Price $250
Sale Price $20
_______________
Savings of $230


  Total savings of $612.50 give or take

Here's a funny story. Last weekend I spent the night at a friends house while in Anaheim and woke up early to go to Jet Rag (vintage store), $1 side walk sale that happens every Sunday. I got up at 7:30 AM got ready and said bye to my friend by 8:30, jumped in the car for my hour drive and when I got there, their sidewalk was empty. Usually there are clothes on tarps with people rummaging through piles and piles of clothes. I sat in my car confused when I realized it's only Saturday. All this time I was a day off and sad thing about it is I couldn't go Sunday coz I had to drive back home early in the morning to make it for my friend's BBQ. Ugh, another trip without a vintage fix.

Hope you're having a wonderful Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! That blazer and skirt look awesome. Funny story about your not-Sunday!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm great scrounging around sales but I am terrible at thrifting or Goodwill or anything like that. I don't go often enough and just don't have the right plan. Score for you on the blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finds! And when it comes to (sometimes) confusing days of the week, I'm right there with you...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.