Monday, June 11, 2012

Eat On San Francisco

Our anniversary celebration extravaganza started Friday when DH announced that he is not going to work and we are going to go to the city and just hang.  Usually DH is off every other Friday but it's been a while since he's actually taken it off so I was caught by surprised.  We did what we always do, explore and eat this time in San Francisco.

Warning: if you are vegetarian then just skip all my food posts.


For brunch we ate at Brenda's Soul Food and DH and I shared this cheddar cheese polenta with chrispy pork and salsa.  I usually don't like polenta because it's bland but add melted cheddar cheese to it and it changes everything.



Some apple beignets.  They are huge and they come three in an order.


Thought this was interesting and there's a peek of DH


Close up of the flying books.

For dinner we ate at Marlowe


Brussels sprouts chips. 
 I've tried making this at home by taking brussels sprouts apart, drizzling it with olive on a cookie sheet  then roasting them and sprinkle them with lemon salt.  It was pretty tasty but next time I think I'll try it with truffle salt.  Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa also has a recipe for brussels sprouts chips but I haven't tried it.  Fun Fact: We are such foodies that our first dog was named after Ina Garten.  


Duck liver crostini.  This may be eek to some people but it was deelish.




DH ordered Marlowe Burger 
caramelized onions, cheddar, bacon, horseradish aioli & fries 




I had the Grilled Niman Pork Chop 
green garlic-creamed spinach, Italian butter beans & crispy salsify chips 

We were stuffed so no dessert.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.