Monday, June 25, 2012

Flower Power

In high school the basketball team called me Hippie because I wore these kind of dresses to school.  The trend back then was grunge but I went to Hollywood High so it was more like baggy clothes with sweatshirts.  The only sweatshirts I owned was to go to sleep in so I stuck out but I wouldn't have it any other way.  At least I never got beat up for wearing the wrong colors.  The Crips, Bloods, Armenian Power had nothing on me. 


Purchased this at my favorite vintage shop.



Vintage Christian Dior Sunglasses form Rose Bowl flea Market.




Kept the jewelry to a minimum.



I always wear my cropped denim jacket with my maxi dresses.





I'm wearing Born wedges that aren't too high so this was a good length.  My only concern with this dress is that it has plenty of material on the bottom that ballooned out.



Easy fix.  



I gathered the extra fabric and attached a vintage brooch so it doesn't look like I'm about to float off.

Linking up with Thrifters Anonymous






4 comments:

  1. You look so cute and sweet, especially in that first photo!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress, great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good vintage floral! Looks great paired with the jean jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE what you did!! This is such a great find!!! and the jean!! Thank you so much for linking up!! Can't wait to see more...Love!

    Shana

    ColorBlind
    Thrifters Anonymous Monday Link Up

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.