Sunday, June 24, 2012

OOTD and Homage to Brave

This was my casual Friday OOTD at my new job.  I like the fact that I am able to wear 90% of my clothes considering it's a pretty laid back leaning towards casual more than business but it's still a corporate setting so I can wear basically anything from dresses to trousers to jeans so I'm stoked.  Plus being able to wear my statement pieces is a major plus.



Shirt - James Perse from Marshall's
Necklace - Anthropologie (Old), one of my favorites.  This was originally close to $200 then got marked down to $99 which is when I bought it the first time but returned it.  We were visiting NYC months after and we crossed paths again but now she was marked down to $20.  It was fate, we truly belonged together.
Jeans - Gap always skinny, one of my faves.


Last Thursday I found this swing coat at Anthro for $100.  I was going to feature it on my savvy finds but didn't so here she is.

 I took the train to work but DH came to pick me up and surprised me with date night.  Brave and dinner.  This coat reminded me of her hair.

Picture was taken from the New York Times

Brave is another Pixar hit.  This might be the first Pixar movie or Disney movie that doesn't really have a Prince as one of the main characters.  I liked it and I cried.  Mother and daughter relationships are just complicated sometimes but there's always that bond.  It was made beautifully.  Is it one of my top three Pixar movie?  Up would be number 1 then Finding Nemo and this is tied with Toy Story 3.



Shoes - Rag and Bone from Nordstrom Rack
Salford Leather and Canvas Wedge brogues.



I've wanted these babies for awhile but the first time I saw her she cost $200 at NR original was $490 then we crossed paths again and she was marked down to $100 so I took her home.  Still $235 at other places.

Are you going to see Brave?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.