Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Savvy Finds: Milly Dresses

Been home for a couple of days now and I'm just catching up on my sleep.  Monday was crazy weather.  I think Mother Nature is going through menopause, it was raining in June, in California, weird much?  This weekend is going to be lovely, Summer weather again just in time for our 6 year wedding anniversary.  Do you know what to give your significant other for your 6 year wedding anniversary?  I didn't until I did some research and found that an appropriate gift is iron or candy.  Well then DH surely got his gift, he just bought a Scion FR-S sport car in silver.  He had to put his name on the waiting list two months ago and finally got the call last Thursday.  He's been enjoying his new toy ever since.  Do you think 36 is too young for a mid life crisis?


DH's new wheels

We don't really exchange anniversary gifts.  I'm really hard to buy presents for because I get bored really easy and what I think is the best thing since sliced bread could be changed when I see something else.  The only thing we really agree on are DVF dresses and Goyard handbags which I reserve for my birthday in November.  Our anniversary is on the 10th but we'll be pigging out in Napa on Saturday instead.  I think DH wants to drive to Carmel on Sunday but that's still up in the air.  No matter what the weather is going to be pleasant. YAY!
Milly dress Size 2
 I almost didn't try this on thinking it would be too small even though I'm usually a size 2 in Anthro but I took a chance and fits like a glove.







Milly Dress Size 6
This just proves that I don't pay attention to size tags.



Both Milly dresses were purchased at Nordstrom Rack in Woodland Hills, CA

Original price $325 x 2 = $650
Nordstrom Rack $59 x 2 = $120
____________________________

Savings of $530


What are your plans for this weekend?
How's the weather like in your neck of the woods?



2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a steal for those two dresses! You look beautiful. I could see the gray one doing double duty for work (with blazer) and nighttime outings.

    (and wow, what a car!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E. I need to take more pics of my savvy finds, they've piled up.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Positive and constructive criticism is always welcome.